Monday, February 4, 2008

Routine maintanence


Well today I started to remove the swingarm pivot bolt. Wow what a chore. Honda cuts cost in the wrong places! They neglect to use enough grease on anything and this bolt was no exception! I'm getting it out but its taking a lot of hammering and penetrating oil. When it goes back in it will have plenty of synthetic grease.

Last part I worked on that was grease challenged was the headset and that ended up needing a new set of bearings :(

The bike is slowly getting better, I'm trying to do this stuff during breaks and lunch at work so not a lot of time but at least its warm in the shop.

For those of you that know the bike you'll notice that it now has black fenders (just one of the changes planned for the off season). The other major change will be the addition of the spare fuel containers I purchased last year for longer "adventures in the dirt" ;) I fabbed a mount with fiberglass and plan to install this under the left side plastic (pictures to come during the install).

Enough for now, tomorrow is another day.........

No comments: